Information We Collect
JAMS INTERNATIONAL does not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us. We do, however, collect certain types of information and ask for personal information in certain circumstances, such as when you set up a Client Login account or request information about how to begin the ADR process. The following sections describe the type of information we collect and how we collect it.
- Information You Give Us: All users may visit the public areas of the Site without disclosing any personal information about themselves. However, in order to use certain JAMS International Features, you may be
- Cookies: Like many websites, we employ the use of "cookies" in certain areas of our Site to allow us to provide information that is targeted to your interests and make your online experience more convenient (for instance, by reducing the number of times you have to re-enter your password). Cookies are small bits of electronic information that a website sends to a visitor’s browser and are stored on your hard drive. We do not receive or record any personal information in the cookies we use and are never tied to anything that could be used to identify you. Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, you may choose to change your browser to block cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted at the end of a session. Concurrently, “persistent cookies,” used to track the number of times a visitor has been to the Site, may remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits. You can still use the Site if your browser is set to reject cookies.
- Log Information: Our servers automatically track certain information about you as you use our Site. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you go to next, what browser you are using, and your IP address. Our site logs do generate certain kinds of non-identifying site usage data, such as the number of hits and visits to our Site. This information is used for internal purposes by technical support staff to provide better services to the public and may also be provided to others, but the statistics contain no personal information and cannot be used to gather such information.
- Sharing of Information: We may use personal information that you provide to us to personalize your profile information, maintain, customize and add new resources and services, and allow communication and interaction between you and JAMS International, and between JAMS International and its operating personnel. In addition, we will share the personal information we collect from you under the following circumstances:
- Protection of rights. We will share personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is appropriate to enforce the Terms of Service for the Site, including any investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the JAMS International Features, or (iv) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of JAMS International, its employees, users of the JAMS International Features or others.
- Asset transfers. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of JAMS International’s assets, user information, including personal information collected from you through your use of the JAMS International Features, could be included in the transferred assets. Visitors to the Site will be notified via a prominent notice on the Site for thirty (30) days prior to a change of ownership or control of user information held by us.
- Control of Your Information: You may request us to correct, update or delete any of the information we have collected from you by sending an email to us at email@example.com and we will attempt to fulfill your request. We may choose not to fulfill any request that we determine is unreasonable, unduly burdensome or impractical or that constitutes a threat to the privacy or rights of others.
- Security: The personal information that you provide to us is stored on servers, which are located in secured facilities with restricted access, and protected by protocols and procedures designed to ensure the security of such information. In addition, we restrict access to personal information to JAMS International employees, independent contractors and agents who need to know this information in order to develop, operate and maintain the JAMS International Features. All JAMS International personnel who have access to this information are trained in the maintenance and security of such information. However, no server, computer or communications network or system, or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or through the use of any of the JAMS International Features and you acknowledge and agree that you provide such information and engage in such transmissions at your own risk. Once we receive a transmission from you, we will endeavor to maintain its security on our systems.
- Children’s Privacy: The Site is a general audience website and no portion of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect personal indentifying information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
70 Fleet Street
London, UK EC4Y 1EU
- Terms of Service: Please read the Terms of Service governing the use of the Site and the JAMS International Features.
Effective August 1, 2011